A couple’s massage is a perfect gift for any occasion. If you want to expand your skills and knowledge in different massage techniques, then taking a couple massage class by enrolling in massage online courses can help you advance in your career. It is also a great avenue if you want to earn extra cash.
What is a couple’s massage?
A couple’s massage is when you and another person, usually your partner, spouse, or a close person, decide to have a massage together in one room in two separate beds or massage tables.
This type of massage is just like any other massage; you and your partner receive a massage simultaneously in separate beds and two different massage therapists. Both massages will end at the same pre-appointed time. The massage therapists will inform you that the massage is about to end, leave the room, let you and your partner get dressed, and greet you at the door with hot tea or freshwater.
Benefits of a couple’s massage
A couple’s massage is a great way to bond and relax with your partner or special someone. Couples massages have a myriad of benefits: physical, mental, and relationship health.
It also allows two people to share a wonderful and relaxing experience that can result in a closer bond.
Here are just some of the top benefits of getting a couple’s massage.
- It allows couples to try something new.
- Spend quality time with their partner, away from distraction, and just relax.
- It helps release stress hormones, which ease the tension and lower stress levels. This encourages stress-free communication and finds a new appreciation for your partner.
- Increase the emotional connection with your partner.
Treat various ailments and conditions, such as tension headaches, earaches, neck pain, sinus problem, anxiety, and more.
How to become a massage therapist?
We have previously published an in-depth career guide to becoming a massage therapist. Below is the overview of the career guide on how to become a massage therapist.
Massage therapists made a median salary of $41,420 in 2018. The best-paid 10 percent earned $78,280 that year, while the lowest-paid 10 percent made $21,340. This occupation is expected to grow by 22% from 2018 to 2028. It only shows that the demand for massage therapists is increasing.
If you want to be a licensed therapist, you need to be aware of the education requirements and applicable laws in your state and jurisdiction. Most states, including the District of Columbia, regulate the field of massage therapy. To view the complete list, you may visit the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA) website.
Here are the usual requirements to become a massage therapist:
1. An aspiring massage therapist should enroll in a massage therapy education program from accredited organizations:
- Commission on Massage Therapy Accreditation (COMTA)
- Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET)
- Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES)
- National Accrediting Commission of Cosmetology Arts and Sciences (NACCAS)
- Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT)
2. Obtain the state-specific licensing exam or the Massage and Bodywork Licensing Examination (MBLEx) offered by the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards. You may also obtain the highest voluntary credential for massage therapists, which is the Board Certification in Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork, to establish credibility further and show commitment to your profession.
3. Pass other requirements of the state and locality in which they intend to practice. This may include a background check, liability insurance, and certifications.
4. Determine your specialization as a massage therapist, or your chosen workplace: hospitals or rehabilitation centers, physician’s offices, fitness centers, travel accommodations (hotels, cruise ships, etc.), spas.
5. Join professional massage therapy associations and groups.
Although completing a massage therapy program is a requirement to become a licensed massage therapist, you can still learn how to perform a massage correctly by taking an online course or a couple massage class. Here are our top three massage online courses.
This online course, also used in a couple massage class, will teach you how to apply a unique Thai massage sequence to provide your clients an incredible Thai massage experience.
The instructor in this online course has more than 20 years of experience in the massage and acupuncture field and has worked in spas and clinics throughout the world. You will be guided, step-by-step, from the basics to advanced Thai massage, and find out the best and favorite techniques over the thousands of hours of Thai massage that he performs.
If you want to know how to improve your hot stones massage technique, then this online course is for you. Most spas and therapists focus so much on using hot stones and tend to forget to give a great massage when doing the hot stone massage.
The instructor in this online course will teach you basic to advanced techniques to give your clients an incredible hot stone massage experience.
This is one of the most top-rated online courses in Skill Success. You will learn how to give a quality massage as this is the most important aspect of any spa or massage clinic. You will also discover how to use your body correctly and avoid the pitfalls that many therapists fall into.
In this course you will learn:
- The massage essentials
- Meeting with the client
- The massage strokes: The right and wrong ways
- Full body relaxation massage
- Full body relaxation sequence
Ready to learn couple massage online? Click here to get started.