Stress wreaks havoc to many aspects of our lives—be it mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual. It is one of the main reasons why we fail in our priorities, endeavors, careers, and even relationships. Many who suffer from it will just want to find an instant cure to it, but how does one eliminate stress in an instant?
Reportedly, 75% of Americans succumb to moderate to extreme levels of stress. This whopping number just proves how anyone is so likely to get it at the course of our lives. Fortunately, there are various activities that will eliminate stress, which we can do whenever we feel that heaviness.
Practice regular exercise.
Allotting at least 30 minutes of your time daily to do physical activities will instantly uplift your mood. Why? Because exercise doesn’t just bring physiological benefits, but also brings in soft skills as a result of regular exercise.
Don’t think that exercising is too cliché of a reason to eliminate stress because it is scientifically proven! Here are some reasons why it is good for combatting your stress:
- It decreases stress hormones called cortisol while promotes the release of endorphins or the happy hormones. These hormones uplift mood and serve as a natural painkiller.
- Exercise improves the quality of sleep, which stress affects big time.
- When you have adapted to regular exercise, you get a healthier body. This then leads to being more confident in yourself as a whole. As a result, you gain better wellbeing.
There are many kinds of home workouts you can do, which can be as simple as stretching, jogging, walking, climbing the stairs, and more. If you want more comprehensive workouts, you can check out this Health & Fitness masterclass.
Catch enough good night’s sleep.
Although sleep and stress are adversely affecting each other, you ought to try your best to get enough sleep to eliminate stress. Lack of sleep causes you to have low energy levels, irritable state, difficulty in concentration, and a general decrease in functioning.
As you may notice, when you are sleep-deprived, you feel sore, lazy, irritable, and more stressed than ever. Well, that’s how straightforward the effects of lack of sleep are—they amplify all the bad things in your body and mind. So as much as you can, try to get at least 8 hours a day to supply your body and mind the rest it needs.
Here are some tips on how to induce more sleep in your routine:
- Don’t use your phone at least an hour before your bedtime to ease distractions.
- Avoid caffeine before you go to sleep.
- Ensure the comfortability of your bed, pillows, and your room.
- Diffuse some essential oils that can trigger relaxation.
If you want some additional tips on how to catch enough sleep, you can go to the aid of this Sleep-inducing masterclass that’s sure to help you all throughout.
Do your favorite hobbies.
Don’t succumb to doing your tedious routines on a regular basis. Instead, make time to squeeze in some time for your favorite hobbies to instantly uplift your mood. Doing so will break off the chain of stress you are grueling.
The familiarity of something you have always enjoyed doing puts you in a light state. So if you are feeling stressed more constantly these days, consider doing your hobbies. Be it cooking, playing video games, knitting, reading books, shopping, binge-watching movies, do as much as you can! Don’t feel bad overdoing things that you like—they’re not guilty pleasures, they are your stress-relievers!
Play your favorite music.
Listening to music brings an instantaneously relaxing effect to both mind and body. There are certain types of music that generally relax the soul like classical and slow music. But in all honesty, any kind of music that soothes your mind will work—even if it’s hard rock.
Just like our favorite colors, we have our own pick on music, too. So try to incorporate in your routine playing some of your favorite music whenever you feel down. And why should you listen to music from time to time? Well, because it is capable of providing physiological benefits that result in better mental health. Here are some of them:
- It helps slow down an intense pulse and heart rate.
- When you listen to music, it can lower your blood pressure.
- It decreases stress hormones.
- Regular listening to music is a form of mediation that can sharpen your concentration abilities.
- It helps you boost your productivity levels.
- Music can maintain the calmness in your nerves.
Bond with your loved ones.
Being near to the people who are close to your heart is one way to eliminate stress easily. So if you are lucky enough to be around them while you are at your worst, take that opportunity to socialize, interact, play games with, and hug with them. Be it your immediate family, friends, or significant other, these people you love induce the comfort you need in times like this, so keep them close as much as possible.
When you interact with your loved ones, you are not only maintaining good relationships with them, but you are also seamlessly taking care of your mental health. Being around the people you feel safe with brings you happiness and ease, which results in a better mindset. Here are the reasons why spending quality time with them will eliminate your stress:
- You have people you can confide your problems with.
- The sight of the people you love brings happiness to you.
- You get emotional and motivational support from them.
- It gives you a sense of fulfillment to know that even though you are feeling down, there are people who can help you cope with your stress.
You see, there are easy ways you can eliminate stress in an instant. Although some of them may be good for the short-term, when you have instilled it in yourself, you can combat stress for the long-term as you are familiar with how. There are more resources that can help you eliminate stress in the ways you will love, such as this Stress Management online course.
Ready to move up in your career? Click here to get started.