What Are the Best QuickBooks Online Courses?
A QuickBooks online course can be really helpful if you are an accountant, bookkeeper, auditor, or even if you are a business owner. You can learn how to use QuickBooks effectively at your own pace, whenever, and wherever you want with online courses.
For those who are not familiar with QuickBooks, if not the most, it is one of the more popular accounting software programs in the market. It helps professionals and business owners with their financial transactions because of the following features they offer to their users:
- Track income & expenses
- Invoice & accept payments
- Maximize tax deductions
- Track miles
- Run reports
- Send estimates
- Track sales & sales tax
- Manage bills
- Multiple users
- Track time
- Track inventory
- Manage 1099 contractors
- Pay employees
- Get capital
With QuickBooks, you also have the option to select either of the following plans—whichever suits the needs of your job or business:
- QuickBooks Online: Self-Employed
- QuickBooks Online: Simple Start
- QuickBooks Online: Essentials
- QuickBooks Online: Plus
- QuickBooks Online: Advanced
- QuickBooks Desktop: Pro 2020
- QuickBooks Desktop: Premier 2020
- QuickBooks Desktop: Enterprise 20.0
- QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise
QuickBooks may seem quite intimidating to use because of several features and plans to choose from. But the truth is, it is fuss-free. There are different online courses out there to guide you through the process of using QuickBooks effectively which is perfect for brand new users or for those who want to have a deeper understanding of this accounting software program.
What are covered in QuickBooks online courses?
You do not have to be a certified public accountant (CPA) or have obtained an accounting degree to understand and use the QuickBooks accounting software program. Online courses can help you develop your skills and be equipped to use this. To give you further understanding of what QuickBooks online courses cover, here are three (3) QuickBooks online courses from Skill Success.
With over 23,000 students enrolled, this online course is tailored for professionals and business owners who want to build their skills in bookkeeping. You will learn the fundamentals of bookkeeping and how you can apply those with QuickBooks. The course curriculum is divided into 16 sections:
- Section 1 – Accounting and Bookkeeping Basics
- Section 2 – Creating a Company
- Section 3 – Setting Up Your Company Chart of Accounts
- Section 4 – Setting Up Customers, Jobs, Vendors and Leads
- Section 5 – Setting Up Lists
- Section 6 – Creating Items
- Section 7 – Paying Vendors – Expenses
- Section 8 – Invoicing Customers
- Section 9 – Managing Accounts Receivables
- Section 10 – Banking and Credit Cards
- Section 11 – Time Saving Tips & Shortcuts
- Section 12 – Keeping Track of Financial Duties
- Section 13 – Working with Reports
- Section 14 – Banking Online
- Section 15 – QuickBooks Files
- Section 16 – Customizing QuickBooks
In this online course, you will learn how to run reports, the common mistakes QuickBooks users make, and the proper way of adding the data of your financial transactions in QuickBooks Online. All of these will be taught by QuickBooks ProAdvisor and member of the Intuit Trainer/Writer Network, Alicia. She will teach you how to set up QuickBooks Online for your business and share a lot of hints and tips about how you can take advantage of this software program to grow a company. The course curriculum is divided into 11 sections:
- Section 1 – Introduction
- Section 2 – Setting Up QuickBooks Online
- Section 3 – Creating A Chart Of Accounts
- Section 4 – Working With Lists
- Section 5 – Defining Products And Services
- Section 6 – Using The Interface
- Section 7 – Working With Customers
- Section 8 – Working With Vendors
- Section 9 – Running Reports
- Section 10 – Doing Your Banking
- Section 11 – Special Topics
This online course will help you master the QuickBooks accounting software program and help you manage your bookkeeping efficiently. You will find out how to navigate and set up QuickBooks according to the needs of your business or company, print and write check, record journal entries, receive payments, pay bills, run reports, and more. The course curriculum is divided into 8 sections:
- Section 1 – Introduction
- Section 2 – Working With QuickBooks
- Section 3 – Banking
- Section 4 – Sales
- Section 5 – Expenses
- Section 6: Reconciling
- Section 7: Reports
- Section 8: Additional Stuff
Intuit® made sure QuicksBooks is user-friendly and simple to use. Even individuals who barely have knowledge of accounting can use this software program. It has the ability to correct or confirm entered data that seems inaccurate. QuickBooks has already proven its countless benefits such as:
- Saving a lot of time because bookkeeping tasks are automated.
- Knowing how your business is performing by effortless generation of reports.
- It is affordable.
- You can customize QuickBooks depending on the needs of your business.
- Receiving and making payments.
If you are a professional, mastering QuickBooks can help you land an accounting or bookkeeping job. This is the programming software used mostly by companies, including bookkeepers and CPAs, as well. You can also develop your skills in QuickBooks and become a QuickBooks ProAdvisor. When you become a ProAdvisor, you can earn extra income because you are certified to become a consultant and train your clients on how to use QuickBooks. Become a certified ProAdvisor by simply joining QuickBooks ProAdvisor Program and sign up for QuickBooks Online Accountant.