Back in the day, when there weren’t online tools available for every other writing task, it might have been a challenge to improve writing skills. But nowadays, it’s not.
There are a lot of different AI tools that you can find on the Internet and use for a whole lot of different purposes. For instance, if you are writing something and you want to work on the grammatical perfection of the write-up, you can use online AI grammar checkers.
Thanks to all these tools that you can find online, it is a lot easier to work on your writing skills. You can work on improving various facets of your writing skills, i.e., such as improving sentence formation, readability, grammar perfection, etc.
In this post, we will walk you through some of those.
What are AI Writing Tools and Some of the Main Examples?
AI writing tools – in the broadest sense – can simply be defined as online tools that help in writing tasks and are driven by AI algorithms. Here are some examples. Mind you, these are not actually the tools that we’re going to discuss for the actual “writing skills improvement” part. We just want to clear up the concept of “AI” writing tools.
- AI idea generators: Idea generation/content planning is an important part of the whole process, and it is something that AI tools can do. The AI algorithms in these tools understand the given keywords and create ideas/titles accordingly.
- AI content generators: Just as idea generators work on providing ideas in specific, AI content generators work on providing whole pieces of content themselves.
- AI grammar checkers: When driven by AI, grammar checkers become a lot more accurate and pinpoint with regard to the errors they highlight. These can work fine without AI as well, but as we said, the latter makes them better.
How Can You Improve Your Writing Skills with AI Writing Tools?
Now, let’s take a look at some of the ways in which you can improve your writing skills with AI writing tools.
1. You can improve your creativity/thinking skills with AI content generators
Right before you actually write something, you have to think about just how to do that. You have to think about the perspectives you can cover in the write-up and the different angles that you can take for discussing the topic, etc.
While this task is not “writing” in itself, it is a major step in the process nevertheless. You can work on this skill/ability with the help of AI content generators. This is something that we’ve actually done ourselves, so we know that it works – regardless of sounding a bit strange.
There’s not a lot that you have to do here. Just pick a topic and put it through a writing generator. You will be able to see how the tool dissects the topic and how it creates the content addressing the different aspects, etc.
Then, you can apply that same approach the next time you have to write content.
2. You can improve your sentence formation/word usage with AI paraphrasing tools
Another way that you can use AI to improve your writing skills is by utilizing a paraphrasing tool.
Paraphrasing tools are basically made to rephrase a given piece of content so that it comes out as a differently worded version, but has the same meaning and purpose.
Typically, paraphrasing tools are used during the writing process for making content readable, unique, and more engaging, etc. But they can also play an educative role for writers who want to improve their writing skills. Here is how:
- Firstly, paraphrasing tools can help writers learn new words. When you enter your own content into a paraphrasing tool and run the process, one of the main changes that occur is synonym-replacement. The words in the original text are swapped out for their synonyms. You can see the new synonyms, find out their meanings, and commit them to memory. It’s easier to remember words this way since you’ll be able to see them used in content that you yourself will have originally written.
- Paraphrasing tools can also help you learn new ways to form sentences and to string together your words. Changing the permutation and arrangement of the original sentences is also an alteration that paraphrasing tools commonly make.
- Given that you use the right tools, paraphrasers can also be a great way to learn writing in different tones. There are some tools on the Internet that offer different tones like Academic or Formal, etc. You can have your content site paraphrased in these particular tones to see how you can write in those tones yourself when the need arises.
3. You can improve your grammatical grasp using online AI grammar checkers
If you want to work on your writing skills, one of the main things that you have to focus on is your grammar.
Bad grammar spoils content – no matter how perfect it may be in other aspects.
To work on your grammar, one of the best approaches is to particularly look for the errors that you are prone to make. You can do this easily by using an online grammar checker. Using one driven by AI is better for this purpose since AI grammar checkers are much more accurate and less likely to give false alarms.
If you take care to pick the right tool for the job, you will also be able to learn the correct replacements/suggestions for the errors – which would save you from going through the hassle of learning about them separately one by one.
Readability, good grammar, proper and thorough coverage…these are some of the prime ingredients of a good write-up. If you want to learn how to induce these factors in your writing, take some help from the tips that we’ve mentioned above.
The main thing to keep in mind with all these steps is that the tools you use should be reliable, and good at what they do. Otherwise, there won’t be much benefit in anything.