Blog Promotion Strategies for First-Time Bloggers
Are you a new blogger or just published a new blog site and have no idea how to promote it? In this article, you will learn five fundamental blog promotion strategies that will grow your blog’s visitor or traffic.
With the influx of video and other forms of visual content on social media, you probably are thinking that writing blogs is not relevant in this era. People still read blogs, and this will still continue for a long time.
Blogs are still used to disseminate information, educate, sell, advocate, promote, and more. Below are the essential steps to effectively launch and promote your blog.
1. Start Building Your Email List
Building an email list is the best way to turn your organic traffic to engaged blog visitors. An email list is a powerful tool used in blog promotion to reach a vast pool of potential visitors. It is attributed to be one of the most effective ways to use technology when it comes to marketing.
The importance of building an email list for your business is indisputable.
- It allows you to have a chance to connect with your audience on a personal level and build a strong connection and trust.
- You can ensure the continuity of your established relationship and retain readers who have already subscribed to you before.
- Email is a reliable form of communication.
- You get as much exposure in the frequency that you set with emails.
- Sending emails is free.
It may take time and a lot of effort in building and growing your email list. If you want to learn how to create your email list properly, Skill Success has The Secrets Of Email Lists: Revealed online course that can help you get started in building a thriving email list and convert them to subscribers or engaged blog readers.
2. Run Facebook ads
Promoting your blog in FB ads is a good investment. You can also build your list by just using FB ads. Facebook reports that it has over one billion active daily users and over 2 billion monthly active users. These days, getting traction from the organic activity on your business page alone won’t give good results.
Compared to other online marketing channels, Facebook ads tend to cost just a fraction. You can even control your FB ads budget, spend only $1 per day for ads, and have a chance for your ads to be seen by thousands of Facebook users. Most of all, you can “specifically” target your FB ads audiences.
With FB ads, you can reach a brand new audience—those people who are not yet on your list or those who have not visited your blog. FB ads are indeed worth the investment for blog promotion.
To learn more about starting your FB ads for blog promotion, you can enroll in Facebook Ads For Beginners online course.
3. Create Share-Worthy Content
Your content should spark emotion and impress your audiences or readers. A share-worthy content will get you real traction with your target audience. Before you start creating your content, you should always ask yourself, “Is this helpful?” If your answer is “no,” you should start over your content.
Here are some content writing tips you can apply in creating valuable and share-worthy content.
- You should know your target and identify your article’s heart and soul directly at it at all times.
- Do a thorough research of your content. It should contain factual information that supports any claims in your article.
- Start with a catchy headline. It should be intriguing, stimulating, exciting, or simply make your readers want to learn more.
- Observe SEO best practices as well as up-to-date SEO content strategies that will put your article out there.
- Ensure that your articles are original and unique to you and your website.
4. Incorporate Videos
Adding or embedding videos on your blogs makes your posts most engaging and dynamic. Also, your blog tends to generate more inbound links and more traffic than those blogs without videos.
If your blog is about tutorials, embedding videos is a perfect technique to make your blog post more engaging. You can transform your blog with visual media by:
- Converting your blog post into videos (preferably YouTube).
- Adding GIFs into your blogs.
- Include screenshots of your tutorials.
- Add behind-the-scenes videos to get to know you, the person behind the blog.
If you are feeling a bit intimidated when starting your first video content for your blog, don’t worry because Skill Success has an online course called Video Production Bootcamp for you.
You will learn how to make amazing videos, whether you use a smartphone, webcam, DSLR, mirrorless, or professional camera. By the end of the course, you will feel comfortable making your own videos from conception and production to editing and posting online and get more engagements.
5. Guest Posts Blogging
The guest post is writing a blog for another’s website. Guest post bloggers write blogs similar or parallel within a specific industry, such as technology, fashion, and travel. Guest posts can help with blog promotion and grow your audience as it exposes your brand to an entirely new audience.
Some reasons why guest posting is essential for every blogger are:
- Build relationships with other bloggers in the same industry and other influencers.
- Increase your credibility and your blog awareness.
- Backlinks will increase the value of your blog to search engines.
- Makes your blog more searchable in search engines.
- Exposure to targeted traffic.
Since you are used to writing content in your own blog, you have already developed a writing style or writing pattern. By writing a guest post, there are sometimes certain requirements and writing styles that you should follow. This is your chance to learn a new writing style and techniques that will help you add fresh content to your audience.